Thank you for your enthusiastic support of the SSO as we continue to bring you intense and passionate musical experiences and artistic excellence.
With your help, we are able to share that enthusiasm, passion, and the gift of music with more people in our community.
Music Director Eric Paetkau made a list of things that need to happen next at the SSO: a conductor’s wish list.
More performing and outreach (and for diverse audiences)
- Recording project – $120,000
- Tour of Saskatoon region – $60,000 and up for 3 short stops
(all costs are annual to keep the programs going)
- School shows – $250 to bring a show to a core neighbourhood school
- Link Up orchestral music education program – approximately $2,000 for every class of 25 students (with 1,000 participating)
- Kitocikewin (pronounced “kit-a-ketch-a-win) music mentorship program pairing musicians with students studying Aboriginal music- $20,000
New equipment for performances
- Bass drum -$4,000
- Stand lights – $50 per light
- Spot lights – $2,000
- The Roland C-30 Digital Harpsichord & Organ – $5,000
- Conductor’s podium – $2,500
Thank you for your past gifts that have brought us to where we are today. As we look to the future, I know that with your continued help, we can have a lasting impact on our community through the gift of music.
With your help, we can ensure that Saskatoon remains a place to make music and memories, and be a centre known for talent and creativity.
Every donation counts toward reaching the goals of all the projects and needs on our list, and every contribution is important and meaningful.