The SSO Book & Music Sale
Donations are being accepted until September 30, 2023.
Thursdays to Saturdays from 1-4 PM at the back entrance of 602B 51st Street E.
The Book & Music Sale is an annual fundraiser for the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra.
The next sale dates are:
October 27-29 & November 3-5, 2023 10am – 5pm
Bring your own bags and boxes when stopping by the Book & Music Sale!
How to find the book & Music Sale:
602B 51st Street E
We sell all kinds of reading, listening & viewing media!
All formats of books and music are sold, including:
- Books: hardcover, softcover, trade, paperback, textbooks, booklets, sets, new, used, large print, signed by author
- Music sheets and songbooks
- Music: CDs, vinyl records (LPs, EPs, 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm, even 16-2/3 rpm spoken word records), prerecorded cassette and 8-track tapes, sets, sealed, unsealed, coloured vinyl
- Videos: DVDs, prerecorded VHS and Beta cassette tapes, sets
What to Donate
We will gladly accept:
- Gardening and Craft magazines
- vintage books i.e. from the 1950’s or before
- vinyl, CDs, DVDs, VHS
- paperback and hard cover books in good condition
- print music and song books
- graphic novels
- children and young adult
- puzzles and games
What Not to Donate
Please recycle what you can’t donate.
We do not accept:
- general interest magazines such as National Geographic, O, Chatelaine, People, etc;
- photocopied print music, recipes, craft projects;
- damaged books (missing covers, pages, falling apart, musty smelling)
- Readers Digest Condensed books;
Volunteers are always welcome, as there are tasks to be done throughout the year.
Interested in volunteering? Contact the Symphony office at 306-665-6414.
Typical volunteer duties may include:
Sorting and packing donations in the workroom.
Pricing and packing donations in the workroom.
Moving boxes to the sale floor and back to the workroom.
Shelving stock during the sale.
Helping customers during the sale.
Packing up the remaining stock after the sale.
Other assistance with the sale set up and take down.