You’re all amazing! The SSO’s volunteer needs are full right now thanks to the overwhelming support, we’ll reach out to others who wanted to volunteer in due time.
Looking to share your volunteer time with Saskatoon’s orchestra? There are many ways to support the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra!
Not only are you helping out the SSO when you volunteer, it’s beneficial to those who volunteer. While there are lots of benefits to being a volunteer, the most exciting one is being able to attend SSO concerts at no cost. On top of that we have a gift bag with some very fun treats!
If you volunteer for a concert, it’s most likely that you’ll be able to watch that concert – and if you volunteer in another capacity, we’ll make sure to get you tickets to a concert or two!
All volunteers are required to:
- Complete an application form
- Be over 18 years of age
- Attend a personal interview (right now that might be over Zoom, the phone, or in-person!)
- Understand and sign a form for, and adhere to the SSO’s confidentiality policy
- Be someone who is good at communicating
- Have a professional attitude and appearance as dictated by the volunteer role and activity
- Act as an ambassador of the SSO.
- Have a willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Be available to volunteer for at least two activities during a season.
- Be on time and enjoy a fast-paced but light-hearted volunteer environment
The SSO shares the joy, hope, and community of making music – and we strive in all our work to create inclusivity and accessibility. Volunteer opportunities are open to everyone!
The SSO is currently looking for volunteers to fill the following roles:
- Usher – tasks like helping people find their seats, handing out programmes
- Boutique Assistant – tasks include helping patrons purchase at concert boutiques
- Fundraising Assistant – tasks include being involved in fundraising events
- Special Event Assistant – tasks include assisting with our gala and other special events
- Office Assistant – tasks like answering phones one morning a week
- Special Projects Committee – tasks could include being part of our next Painted Violins project
To get more info about volunteer roles or to sign up fill out the form below.
To volunteer for the Book & Music sale visit http://sale.wgpotter.com/bms_contact.html#volunteer for more info.