The SASKATOON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA is pleased to offer digital delivery of classroom performances and activities!
Since we can’t come right to your school, we’ve found a new way to bring the music to you! The digital delivery of our educational programming means that is more robust than ever!
Our goal is to educate, inspire, and encourage people of all ages in the enjoyment of music. Students are given the opportunity to experience music in their classroom through a host of options.
This year the SaskTel Symphony in Schools program features the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra performing a new take on Vivaldi’s iconic Four Seasons that explores Saskatchewan’s potential climate change by 2050. The $45 digital package includes classroom materials, curriculum connectors, lesson plans, and videos of both Vivaldi’s original and the new [Uncertain] Four Seasons!
Our educational programming for schools would not be possible if it weren’t for the support of SaskTel – thanks to their support nearly 20,000 students hear live professional classical music in their school!
The [uncertain] Four Seasons – what does Saskatchewan’s seasons
sound like in the future?
Please contact Matthew for questions about SaskTel Symphony for School
In 2021, the SSO took part in a global orchestral project for Act Now as part of the COP26 Conference in November 2021.
The [Uncertain] Four Seasons is an algorithmic re-composition of Vivaldi’s ‘The Four Seasons’. Developed by composers, musicians, climate and computer scientists using geospatial climate predictions for 2050.
Dip into the music you know and love and experience it changed to reflect our very own Saskatoon climate thirty years from now.
Teachers are able to purchase 3 month access to the SaskTel SSO in Schools package for a discounted rate of $45 – this can be shown to as many classrooms/students as you wish for 3 months.
The package includes access to the video of The [uncertain] Four Seasons, video access for Vivaldi’s original Four Seasons, and a classroom resource package (available in the [uncertain] Four Seasons video page).
Little Ludwig – Celebrate Beethoven’s 250th Birthday with your class!
This year our SaskTel Symphony in Schools show is brought straight to your classroom through the SSO’s Digital Concert Stream.
Classrooms are able to book their use of the video. The package includes Beethoven Birthday Celebration worksheets, listening activities, and the video featuring the life story of one of the greatest musicians of all time!
Please contact Matthew for questions about SaskTel Symphony for School – email@example.com
- The Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra (SSO) values music and music education by offering an entertaining and interactive Symphony in Schools program.
- The Digital School Show features an ensemble of SSO musicians performing inspiring programs designed specifically for elementary students. Concerts are shaped with themes in mind that provide action, narration, and orchestra interplay followed by a question and answer session.
- Students experience great music while observing talented professional musicians.
- A pre-concert education package consisting of teacher lesson plans and student activities is made available to your school. Included are suggestions which connect the Saskatchewan Arts Curriculum (music, art, dance, drama) with elementary classroom instruction
The SSO invites your class or group to take part in an engaging, interactive program in which secondary students could experience:
- Video chat with our conductor!
- A master class on a specific instrument
- Meet the Musicians Video chat
- How I Make Music Videos
- Detailed information on literature and composers.